After observing Ash Wednesday, we are now in the season of Lent. For most of us, Lent is a time of reflection, self assessment and faithfulness. During these 40 days, as Christians, our devotion life is more focused and our prayers more intense. Many people “give up” or do without something during Lent so to better understand what a measure of discomfort is like. As we journey through this time building up to Easter, our family will focus on what we are thankful for and “take something on” in the form of a project for others. So, each Thursday until Easter, I’ll share a few things I’m thankful for. I invite you to join me! Just leave a comment and let me know what you are thankful for….it will be a great journey together. As I start this Thankful Thursday, my list may seem obvious, but it’s where I had to begin…
I am THANKFUL for:
- my Husband
- my Sons
- my pets – Dixie and Pepper, they make me happy.
- my sense of humor and the sound of laughter.
- the kindness of strangers – just a smile, or a wave or someone saying something nice.
- a wonderful community of faith. It’s loving, caring and inspiring.
- a comfortable, warm home that’s filled with love.
|Original for Creed and with chocolate chips for Big Sweetie and Hunter|