For all the chocolate and chess pie lovers out there…this one’s FOR YOU! Like the lemon chess pie recipe I posted a few months ago, you probably have all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry. So, get out your whisk, a bowl and a couple of measuring cups & spoons cause there no special equipment needed! I think this is perfect timing for Valentine’s Day! Big Sweetie agrees…..
1 pie crust for a 9″ pie pan
1 1/2 cups regular sugar
3 1/2 T. good powered cocoa
1/2 cup melted butter – 1 stick
5 oz. of evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 t. good vanilla
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa and melted butter with a whisk.
- Add evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla.
- If using, add pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes.