My sweet friend Neal just opened his own salon! Neal is so talented, not only with his “calling”…you know, taking care of my big, crazy “Loretta Lynn” hair but he is also a wood worker, painter, mechanic and loves fixing things. Of course he had opening party, I made a little something to share with his guests. His salon is a hit and so was the cheese ball!
16 oz. of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups cheddar & Monterrey jack
2 Tablespoons of sweet onion, minced
2 Tablespoon jalapeno pepper – chopped (more if you like it hot)
1/2 jar of Hot Pepper Peach Preserves by Robert Rothschild Farm
from Extra Ingredient or Fresh Market locally)
- Chop onion and jalapeño in food processor.
- Add in cream cheese and blend well.
- Add cheeses and preserves, blend.
- Line small bowl with plastic wrap and load up with cheese ball mixture.
- Seal up but leave in the bowl and place in freezer until set.
- Shortly before serving, take out of freezer and place in refrigerator to thaw.
- Roll in chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with crackers or chips