OK….everyone, at sometime or another has been there! You go, go, go, give and do for others and then start all over again. The thing is, when this happens, I really don’t begrudge it, running at a high speed is my nature BUT, I’ve learned the hard way that I’ve got to stop and schedule time “with” myself.
So, this morning after getting everyone off, I asked myself to lunch! I’ve had a great time, following up on things that needed attention, making appointments for some home projects & the boys, and of course, making a few lists. I’ve shared before that I’m a list maker and I love it – especially checking things off!
After getting so much done, it was time to get ready for my lunch date. I’m treating myself to penne pasta with a few of my favorite things – spinach, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Time to “be my own chef,” ahhh.
3/4 cup of whole wheat penne pasta
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup grape tomatoes – halved
1/3 cup olives – halved
1 Tablespoon sliced Vidalia onion
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salty water according to package directions, about 11 minutes or al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, slice tomatoes, olives and onion, set aside.
- Wash spinach and trim any stems.
- When pasta is almost finished cooking, add spinach to the pot. Cook for 1 minute. This will wilt the spinach just enough to be tender.
- Drain pasta and spinach.
- Add tomatoes, olives and onion. Toss gently.
- Drizzle on olive oil, about 2 Tablespoons.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Season with salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.