Our weekend ended on a high note with a great snack, lots of “to-do’s” checked off the list but more importantly, family time at it’s best. We had Friday night with friends at the game & then, Saturday was really special. We spent the whole day together and there was not one fight! We did projects around the house, cooked together, laughed, listened to music then ended the night with “mama sauce & pasta” and a movie.
Sunday, after a great start to the day, I finished up 3 DIY projects. With all of that, before I knew it, everyone was screaming for a snack. So, how about some REAL cheese sticks? I whipped these up in no time along with a little dipping sauce. It was a great finish to a wonderful weekend.
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
12 mozzarella cheese sticks
2 tablespoons flour
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon water
2 cups panic bread crumbs
1 and 1/2 teaspoons house seasoning
2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Remove string cheese from individual packaging, place on sheet tray and freeze for one hour.
- Set oven rack to lower third and preheat broiler on high.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl beat together egg whites and water. Mix panko with house seasoning and oregano then place into a third shallow bowl. *You are making a 3 step breading station.*
- Remove string cheese from freezer and coat with flour, then dip in egg whites, and finally coat with the panko crumb mixture. Carefully place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until browned. Gently turn each mozzarella stick and broil for 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Remove from oven onto a plate and allow the pan to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving with warm marinara sauce.