Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Remove string cheese from individual packaging, place on sheet tray and freeze for one hour.
- Set oven rack to lower third and preheat broiler on high.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl beat together egg whites and water. Mix panko with house seasoning and oregano then place into a third shallow bowl. *You are making a 3 step breading station.*
- Remove string cheese from freezer and coat with flour, then dip in egg whites, and finally coat with the panko crumb mixture. Carefully place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until browned. Gently turn each mozzarella stick and broil for 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Remove from oven onto a plate and allow the pan to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving with warm marinara sauce.