If you’ve had a busy day, then things get even crazier when the kids came home, well, here’s a dish that delivers a big dose of TLC. Pasta Carbonara, and it came to the rescue last night for our family.We started off the day with everyone heading out for school, the office and errands. It was a productive day for everyone and then…dun, dun, dun…here it comes – carpool, music, lacrosse, robotics, etc. We got those things checked off the list and decided it was time for some fun.If was a beautiful fall day and after all the dreary weather we’d had, Middle School football was the perfect escape. We quickly got our act together and headed out. We had such a great time and the Tigers pulled out a win! WAY TO GO TEAM!!
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 slices bacon – cut into 1″ pieces
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb. of spaghetti or other long pasta
Salt and Pepper
- Heat a skillet on stove. Add olive oil and bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp.
- While bacon is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. When water boils, add salt and pasta. Cook pasta until tender but firm.
- Meanwhile, warm a large bowl in oven.
- Beat the eggs and the Parmesan together in the warmed bowl. When the pasta is done, drain and immediately toss in the egg and cheese mixture. Add the bacon and any dripping from the pan.
- Add fresh cracked pepper and salt if needed.
- Sprinkle with more grated cheese and serve immediately.