Pulled Pork from the Slow Cooker
Making the BBQ
- 1 (5 to 7 lb) pork roast/Boston butt.
- 1 large onion cut into thick slices, these are just for flavor.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub the “rub” all over the pork roast.
- Cover and put in the fridge for an hour but preferably overnight.
- Lightly coat Slow Cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line bottom of cooker with the onion slices and place the roast on top.
- Set to cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
- Remove pork (leave the onions in the pot) from cooker and using 2 forks, shred the meat.