Sorry for the late post but I didn’t have a photo so share! This stuff disappeared so quickly that I had to scramble! Currently, I have a new batch of Caramel Corn cordoned off with a “Duck Tape” fence. Uh-huh, just try to break through that!
Caramel Corn With Sea Salt
12 cups of popped corn
1 1/2 stick of butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
Sea Salt or Kosher salt – about a tablespoon to sprinkle all over the pan.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop corn and place in a roasting pan.
- In a heavy bottom pan, melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add baking soda – mixture will foam up so take off of heat and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour over pop corn, stir and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spoon popcorn on parchment/wax paper.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt and let cool for 1 hour. Do NOT break apart.
- Once cooled, break apart, EAT or store in an air tight container.
~Notes *Add pecans, peanuts or any other nuts to the mix the last 15 minutes of baking. *Drizzle with chocolate before breaking for an added touch.