Hey Y’all! I’ve missed you and hope you’ve missed me too. I took a little break and mercy day, was it needed. Our family had a great Thanksgiving, enjoying each other and lots of wonderful food. We also kicked off the Holiday Season with some great friends and a little Christmas decorating…but there’s more of that to come. I got some time to read, refresh my mind and actually, just BE.
During my break, I had lots of help around the house. Some of that help came in the form of running errands, most often to the grocery store. On one of those trips, I requested Jiffy CORN MUFFIN mix. This is what I got.
Oh, well…I worked things out that evening but I still had 4 boxes of yellow cake mix in my pantry. So today, I thought it would be just perfect for my family to enjoy a little something sweet and check in with my “sweet friends.” This Honey Bun Cake recipe has been around forever but that’s ok, it helped me out today, dessert is checked off my list, plus my house smells amazing…
Honey Bun Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour a 13 X 9 inch pan
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream and oil, using a hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon
- Pour 1/2 of cake batter into baking pan.
- Top with cinnamon sugar making sure to sprinkle evenly.
- Pour remaining batter into cake pan spreading evenly.
- Using a knife, swirl a figure 8 pattern into the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While cake is baking, make the glaze.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Cut into squares and serve.
I think this cake is at it’s best when warm along with a good cup of coffee!