As promised, I am sharing a few of the recipes from my events at the recent Furniture Market in High Point, NC. It may seem strange to think about muffins and furniture but during the very crazy, busy, exciting Friday morning sales event for my clients…everyone needed a little something! Whew. With a cup of coffee and one of these moist, lemony muffins made with fresh blueberries, we all knew it was going to be a great day.
2 cups baking mix – like Bisquick
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla
zest of one lemon
1 heaping tablespoon of baking mix
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, vanilla and zest.
- In a small bowl, gently toss to combine 1 tablespoon of baking mix and blueberries.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry just until combined – mixture will be thick.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- I used paper baking cups.
- Bake at 375°F for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix lemon juice into powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.