Couscous with Spring Onions, Pistachios & Dried Cherries
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1 cup couscous
1/4 cup dried cherries, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes then drained.
1/3 cup thinly sliced spring onions.
1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, toasted lightly and chopped fine
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan combine the butter, broth & water – bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add scallion, pistachios, parsley along salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, and oil.
- Toss the couscous mixture with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.