Yippee! It’s the weekend so I decided to treat my guys to a little something sweet. A couple of weeks ago I made homemade strawberry jam and still had a little in the fridge. I started thinking of all the different ways I could use it and settled on cookies. Most of us think of jam cookies around Christmas time, but they are so stinking good, I just had to make a batch. I added a little twist with the lemon glaze and WOW, what a great combination of flavor! These cookies are buttery, light and go quickly so you better make a double batch…
2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour – sifted
strawberry preserves – you can use apricot or fig as well
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together with a hand or stand mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Slowly add flour and continue to mix.
- Using a spoon or small scoop, form cookie dough into small balls.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Using your thumb, make an indention in the center of cookie and fill with preserves.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Mix together confectioners sugar and lemon juice.
- Drizzle over cookies.