Goodness gracious, this bread is so moist has rich flavor from the cinnamon & vanilla and just the right amount of crunchy texture from the zucchini & pistachios.
- 2 cups shredded raw zucchini
- 3 eggs - room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
Shred zucchini with a box grater and place in a small mesh strainer. Press or squeeze with hands to get excess liquid out.
In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, and oil.
Add into the wet mixture the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and walnuts, mixing until combined.
Add drained zucchini. Mix well.
Pour into a greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes at 350°, or until a wooden pick, inserted in center comes out clean.
- while still warm, top with fresh ricotta flavored with honey and lemon zest.
- toasted with butter.
- whipped cream with toasted pistachios.
- bake in cupcake tins and frost with cream cheese icing.