8oz cream cheese, room temp*
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small can tomato sauce*
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 clove grated garlic
dash of red pepper
dash of salt
1 cup chopped pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Layer cheese mixture on the bottom of a baking dish or pie pan.
- Spread tomato sauce over cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on chopped pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with reserved 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with corn chips or veggie sticks.
- bottled pizza sauce can be used if you have it on hand – I make my own since I always have tomato sauce in the pantry.
- to bring refrigerated cream cheese to room temp, heat a mug/small bowl of water in microwave for 1 minute. Open cream cheese packet, cut into squares and place on a plate. Put cream cheese into microwave along with the hot water and close door. Leave in for 1 minute – DO NOT turn microwave on. Cream cheese should be soft enough to work with after 1 minute.