Recipe from July issue of BonAppetit
2 small dried chiles
1 seeded thinly sliced jalapeño
1/4 thinly sliced medium red onion
2 cups corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place ingredients in a quart size jar.
- In a small pot bring vinegar, salt, sugar and 3/4 cup water to a boil.
- Pour over corn. (Add water to cover, if needed.)
- Seal jar. Let cool; chill. Will keep up to 1 month.