That’s why I decided to kick off October with this delicious Pumpkin Cake. It’s moist, with just the right about of warm spices. Of course, topping it off with cream cheese icing that’s sweet with a little hint of citrus brings all the flavors together in just the right way. Starting this fall season has never been so sweet…
2 cups A/P flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can pumpkin – 16oz.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a medium size bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a hand mixer until frothy.
- Add sugar to eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix oil and pumpkin into liquid mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, folding until moist – do not overmix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until cake tests done – inserted cake tester or toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in bowl with hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in confectioners sugar and orange juice for about 1 and half minutes.
- Spread over cake and cut into squares.