Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies
2 sticks butter – softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old fashioned oats – uncooked
~ Options – raisins, walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries
~ Icing – 1 cup of confectioners sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice & 1 teaspoon of orange zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and whisk to blend.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture – mix well.
- Add in oats, one cup at a time until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add any additional ingredients at this time as well.
- Using a scoop or tablespoon, drop cookies on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Glaze with icing when cooled