2-3 pound pork roast
1 medium onion – sliced
3/4 cup stock – vegetable or chicken
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
½c brown sugar
¼c balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Layer sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place pork roast on onions.
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme – sprinkle on roast.
- Pour stock carefully around the side of the roast.
- Cook on low for approximately 6 hours or hight for 4.
- 30 minutes before roast is done, mix together brown sugar, water, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small pot.
- On medium low heat, bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce by about 1/3 or until slightly thick.
- Set glaze aside.
- When roast is done, take out of slow cooker and place in a roasting pan.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 1/3 of the glaze over the roast and place in oven.
- Continue to glaze roast every 5 minutes until glaze is used up.
- Take roast out of oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice or shred with a fork. Serve with extra drippings.