For the Crust –
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Break crackers into bowl of a food processor. Add sugar and pulse until crackers are chopped to a fine texture.
- OR – Place crackers and sugar into a zip top bag and crush until crackers are broken into fine crumbs.
- Melt butter and pour over cracker crumbs. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a pie pan, pressing into bottom and sides using your hand or the bottom of a small measuring cup.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden and dry.
- Cool completely before using.
For the Filling-
1 sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies – chopped
1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream – softened
- Add all but 1/4 cup of chopped cookie to ice cream.
- Fold together.
- Fill pie shell with ice cream mixture and smooth to edges of crust.
- Top with remaining chopped cookies.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Slice and serve while still firm.