I knew first thing this morning that it was going to be a very busy day for our family. I was prepared and got my slow cooker going with one of our favorite’s – black bean soup. Everyone hit the ground running and I said my prayers, gave hugs, kisses and told ’em I’d see them soon.
Along with the soup, I chopped up some fresh fruit and made a piping hot cast iron skillet of cheese & green chili cornbread. It’s great food for a busy family!
Cheese & Green Chile Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Put butter in a 9″ cast iron skillet and place in oven. A 9X9 inch oven proof dish can be used as well.
- When butter is melted, pour in batter and bake for approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until cornbread is brown around edges.
- Remove from oven and serve with additional butter.