Thus, the Cinnamon Sugar Pizza was invented. I used store bought dough for my pie, made a sweet, buttery crumble packed with flavorful cinnamon and sprinkled it on top. After baking for a few short minutes, I drizzled on a creamy, vanilla glaze. It was delicious! This sweet pie is a winner…again, sorry, pizza dudes…well, not really.
1 store bought pizza dough
2 1/2 tablespoons butter – room temperature
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush pizza pan or sheet pan with butter – about 1 teaspoon.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, sugars, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- Place dough on pan and brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon over dough.
- Spread crumble over pizza and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While pizza is baking, mix glaze.
- Let pizza cool for 10 minutes then drizzle on glaze.