1 lb Orzo pasta
1 container of cherry tomatoes
1 lb french green beans
1 lb feta cheese – about 2 cups
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
1/2 up of chopped fresh basil
- Wash and trim green beans. Blanch beans & drain then cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half.
- Cook pasta according to package directions – in salted water, approximately 9 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drain cooked pasta & rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl.
- Add green beans and tomatoes to pasta.
- Drizzle about 3/4 of dressing over pasta & veggies and toss. Let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes allowing flavors to marry.
- Sprinkle on feta cheese and basil, add remaining dressing and gently toss to mix.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to serving dish or platter. Best served at room temperature.
- Notes ~ broccoli, sugar snap or snow peas and asparagus can be substituted for green beans. Red onion is also a flavorful addition to this salad.