1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter – melted
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
6 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
3 large egg whites
1 pint fresh blackberries – cut large ones in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line bottom of 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom with parchment. Generously butter bottom and sides.
- Mix flour, coconut, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in butter and mix with a fork. Press mixture around sides and bottom of pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together coconut sugar and egg whites in a small bowl.
- Gently place blackberries in tart pan, spreading evenly.
- Drop small teaspoons of coconut mixture around blackberries and up to the edge of crust.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve with whipped cream.