- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place cleaned oysters on grill – larger bowl side down.
- Close lid and roast for approximately 6-8 minutes until shells begin to open.
- Remove from grill. Using a shucking or paring knife & gloves, gently pry open shells.
- Run knife around shell, loosening meat, leaving oyster in shell, being careful not to spill any juices. Place on platter.
- Serve with lemon wedges, melted butter and hot sauce.
Roasted Oysters on the Grill
This past weekend I think I pulled off the fastest dinner party ever! It was a great success due to my friend Lori, her husband and their willingness to roll with my crazy, spur of the moment plan. A very generous friend had given me 2 dozen fresh oysters, so I had dinner but wanted to share all this goodness. I texted Lori, asked if they were interested and she said, OH, YES! We added a few extras like fresh bread, melted butter, hot sauce and lemons. We snacked on delicious white bean dip (recipe is on the way) while the grill heated up. The guys put on some tunes, lit the outdoor candles and set up the bar with chilled wines and cold beer. It was an awesome night with great friends, delicious food, interesting stories and so much laughter that my cheeks hurt by the end of the night.
I think this spring I am claiming “spur of the moment” as my motto…
2 dozen fresh oysters – cleaned
2 sticks salted butter – melted
Hot sauce – Texas Pete is my choice
Check out these helpful links on Oysters…