This tomato and cucumber salad is the perfect blend of summer tastes.
- 3 - 4 large tomatoes - sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (I marinated the feta in olive oil & red pepper flakes for extra taste)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves - cut into strips
- 1 cup Cucumber and Onion Refrigerator Pickles
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
Layer sliced tomatoes on a large platter.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Using a large fork or tongs, gently drain cucumbers & onion pickles then spread down middle of tomatoes.
Crumble feta cheese over vegetables.
Sprinkle fresh basil over cheese.
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and olive oil.
Finish with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Chill in fridge until ready to serve.