- Layer sliced tomatoes on a large platter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a large fork or tongs, gently drain cucumbers & pickles then spread down middle of tomatoes.
- Crumble feta cheese over vegetables.
- Sprinkle fresh basil over cheese.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and olive oil.
- Finish with a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
Hey friends! I hope you’re having a great summer. I know I’ve been missing for a while and I’m so sorry. Life took over and challenged me with some big events. I’ll share that story shortly but in the mean time, if you are looking for a delicious salad that’s loaded with all the fresh flavors of summer…well, here it is!
I made this dish a few weeks ago for a big event in our neighborhood and I served it at our 4th of July celebration. Both times it was a huge hit. It’s simple, beautiful and is perfect for outdoor dining. I hope you’ll head out to your local farmers market and pick up some vine ripe tomatoes, fresh cucumbers & onions and make this incredible fresh summer salad!
Tomato Cucumber Summer Salad
3 – 4 large tomatoes – sliced
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (I marinated the feta in olive oil & red pepper flakes for extra taste)
1/2 cup basil leaves – cut into strips
1 cup Cucumber and Onion Refrigerator Pickles ~ click on link for recipe
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
fresh cracked pepper