3-4 sweet potatoes – scrubbed and sliced
2 carrots – scrubbed and cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves – peeled
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup half & half
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes, carrots & garlic on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables in oven approximated 25 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender.
- Place roasted vegetables in blender along with chicken stock, paprika adding a dash or two of hot sauce.
- Blend until very smooth – you can also use a blender, immersion blender or food processor – whatever you have.
- Pour into a medium size stock pot and place on medium low heat setting.
- Add half & half as soup warms. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with addition hot sauce, sour cream and homemade croutons.
Check out my recipes for Homemade Croutons ~ CLICK HERE.