It’s easy to make and I am sure you have everything in your pantry & fridge for this recipe.
I always need something for my guy as an after school snack and since it’s apple season, this is going to be a special treat for him.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup half and half
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine sugar and water in a medium size sauce pan on medium heat, until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium low and cook mixture until it turns a light amber color.
- Take off of heat and slowly whisk in half and half. NOTE: use a long handled whisk or spoon since the syrup is very hot and will bubble up.
- Add butter, salt and cinnamon, stirring until all mixed.
- Let cool to serve as a dip. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.