Monday morning, the start of Christmas vacation and we kicked it off in style! With everyone most everyone in their jammies, cups of coffee in hand and Christmas trees lit, we moved casually into the day.
I made a little something special that was so easy that I actually baked 2 of these beauties. It was a no stress morning filled with great talks, laughter and good food. I am counting my blessings on this Monday morning…
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Lay out crescent rolls on parchment paper in the shape of a rectangle. Pinch together triangles to make one piece of dough. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to about a 12 X 8 size.
- Spread cream cheese mixture down middle of dough up to 1/2 inch to edge. Starting on long edge, gently roll dough finishing with the last edge underneath pastry.
- Gently move roll to a baking pan and chill in refrigerator for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a serrated knife, cut roll into 1″ pieces. Place on parchment lined baking sheet in the form of a circle, overlapping each slice.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Whisk powered sugar and milk together. Drizzle over warm danish and serve.
For more great recipes, head over to Meal Plan Monday!