- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sprinkles and chocolate in small individual bowls.
- Select 6 to 10 pretzels for dipping.
- Place 4 bark cubes in a glass microwaveable bowl. Microwave on full power for 1 minute. Stir. Return bowl to microwave for 15 to 30 seconds until melted. Stir after each cooking time.
- Pour melted bark into a tall drinking glass. Gently dip each pretzel into melted bark tipping glass to coat the rod. Pull pretzel out of glass and let excess candy bark drip off.
- Holding rod with one hand, gently sprinkle pretzel with chocolate and/or candies – turning to coat. Place on parchment to harden. Can be stored in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I decided it was time to make a little treat for my fellas. Big Sweetie has been working hard, my youngest is deep into his studies and we’ve all been struggling with a nasty winter cold so, these happy pretzel rods were just what was needed to brighten their spirits.
All you need is a bag of pretzel rods, vanilla bark coating, candy sprinkles and some mini chocolate chips. It’s fun to make holiday themed goodies and even more fun to watch your family and friends enjoy them!
Valentine’s Pretzel Rods
1 bag of pretzel rods
1 package white (vanilla) bark coating
Valentine’s Day sprinkles
Mini chocolate chips