1 & 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) – room temperature
2 eggs – room temperature
4 tablespoon buttermilk or sour milk (make by adding 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar to 4 T. of milk)
1 1/2 cups of very ripe bananas mashed (about 3)
2 cups flour
3/4 cup oats1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons flout
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 1 large loaf pan and cover bottom with waxed paper.
- Cream sugar and butter with a whisk or hand mixer. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Mix streusel topping together with a fork and crumble over batter.
- Place pan in oven bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Test for doneness and remove from oven to cool for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove from pan. Slice to serve.