You know friends, from time to time, even the most motivated person needs a little inspiration. That’s what happened to me last week when it came time to cook dinner for my family. Of course I have my go-to list of recipe favorites but there absolutely nothing there that got me excited to get in the kitchen. So, I decided to search a few blog sites from a couple of my friends to see what they’d been cooking. I found all kind of good things from appetizers to main meals to desserts and seeing all that beautiful, delicious food got my creative juices flowing again…thank goodness!
I jotted down a few ideas then started “shopping my pantry” for ingredients. For the items I didn’t have on hand, I headed to my local farmers market then to the grocery to grab everything I needed. At that point I was ready to cook! Here’s one of the recipes I came up with and we enjoyed these sticky, flavor packed chicken legs last night. I have to give a great big THANK YOU to my friend Leah who inspired my dish. You can find her delicious chicken leg recipe here…
8-10 chicken legs
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 cup orange marmalade
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic – minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (1/2 teaspoon if using dried)
2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium size bowl mix soy sauce and remaining 6 ingredients.
- Place chicken pieces in a large zip lock bag. Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade pouring remaining over chicken.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment or tin foil. Fit all chicken pieces on pan and place in oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Baste chicken with marinade and turn. Cook additional 20 minutes.
- Baste chicken and turn once more. Cook for 10 minutes or until chick is thoroughly cooked and browned.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce and serve.