- marinate the meat for 3 to 5 hours and not more than 24. Any acid in your marinade will start to break down the tissue and “cook” the meat.
- grill your steak over high heat.
- after letting the meat rest, slice it against the grain for optimum flavor.
1 two to three pound flank steak
1/2 cup of red wine
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
2 tablespoons honey
- Place steak in a zip top bag.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour marinade over steak, seal bag and place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours.
- Remove steak from fridge and let come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to high – 500 degrees.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on first side. Flip steak and grill for 2 minutes.
- Place steak on cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice meat against the grain and serve.