Grilled Lemon Chicken
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lemon – sliced
2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lemon – quartered
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large zip top bag along with sliced lemon and thyme. Pour olive oil mixture over chicken. Seal bag and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Place chicken on grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Place lemon wedges on grill. Cook until seared on each side.
- Remove lemons from grill and squeeze over chicken. Serve immediately. Can be stored in airtight container in refrigerator.