1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove – minced
1 jar prepared marinara sauce
1 large bag prepared cheese ravioli
2 – 21/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium high heat until done. Drain off fat.
- Add prepared marinara sauce and stir until combined. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Cook ravioli per package directions.
- In an oven proof 11 x 14 baking dish, spread on 1/3 up of sausage mixture.
- Layer on cooked ravioli. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over pasta.
- Spread another layer of sausage sauce over cheese. Place remaining ravioli in a single layer sauce. Ladle on remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over mozzarella cheese. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking until ravioli bake is bubbling and slightly brown on top. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.