1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
1 lb. (2 medium)sweet potatoes cooked – I cook mine in the microwave, let cool then scoop out potato pulp
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs – beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter.
- Add condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, mixing well with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Stir in eggs.
- Pour into prepared pastry shell.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Pie can be served warm with whipped cream.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Makes 1 (9-inch) pie.