1 pound peeled and cleaned shrimp
2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon butter
dash of red pepper flakes
2 cloves of garlic – minced
3/4 cup of white wine or chicken stock
juice of one lemon
salt and pepper
1 lb of spaghetti pasta
- Place shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron skillet. When butter is melted, add shrimp. Cook shrimp, searing on each side until they are done (they will turn pink in color.) Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low. Add additional 2 tablespoons of butter along with the garlic to skillet. When butter is melted, scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add white wine and stir sauce. Continue to cook sauce, letting it reduce while pasta cooks.
- Heat water in a large pot and cook spaghetti per package directions for “al dente” doneness. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Add lemon juice to sauce in skillet, stirring to incorporate. Add shrimp along with any juices back into to sauce.
- Add pasta into skillet with shrimp. Stir to coat spaghetti with sauce. If sauce is too thick or tight, add 1/4 cup of pasta and stir.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.