1 package (20 oz)refrigerated hash browns
1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
12 medium eggs
salt and pepper
4 strips bacon – cooked and crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh chives – chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Liberally spray cups of a standard 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together hash browns, Colby-Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and pepper. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Divide mixture evenly above the 12 muffin cups. Press firmly into the bottom and sides of the cups.
- Place tin in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Lower oven temperature to 425 degrees. Remove the muffin tin from oven and quickly crack one egg into each nest. Season eggs with salt and pepper and return to oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges of eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Gently loosen edges of nests with a knife and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Carefully transfer nests to a serving platter. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and chives.
- ***My notes ~ I cracked the eggs into a bowl and beat until white & yolks were blended, then poured over the cooked hash browns and finished per recipe instructions. This is due to the fact that my boys prefer scrambled eggs.