Last night was a cold and busy evening. Everyone was coming and going at different hours but finally arrived home safe and sound. I was not really in the mood to cook but was anxious to catch up on the the days activities. Thankfully, I’d been shopping, thus my pantry and fridge were full. I’d picked up several packages of english muffins, they were a BOGO, and made this…Funny thing is, I’d asked everyone if they were hungry and they all said, “well, kinda” so I just made 6 pizzas – four ham and cheese, 2 cheese and chive. I used 4 different kinds of cheese, that’s how we roll over here, delicious ham from my favorite, local deli and fresh chives. I popped these babies into a hot oven and waited. Of course, I knew what was going to happen, it never fails. As soon as my little pizzas came out of the oven, they were devoured. Then…”hey, Mom, do you have any more?” Duh. I made quick work of building the second batch and all was right with the world. I’ve got mad, super, Mom skills – for real.
English muffins are turned into pizzas with just a few simple ingredients. Ham, cheese, feta and herbs make for great combinations that will make your family happy.
- 6 English Muffins - split
- olive oil
- pizza sauce - my homemade sauce:
- mix together – 1 8oz can of tomato sauce , 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, dash of red pepper. Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese - crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded ham
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese