If you are short on time but need a dish that’s full of flavor, well, here’s the answer!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup dried cherries , soaked in hot water for 15 minutes then drained.
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced spring onions.
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts , toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan combine the butter, broth & water - bring to a boil.
Stir in couscous.
Remove from the heat and let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl.
Add scallion, pistachios, parsley along salt and pepper to taste.
In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, and oil.
Toss the couscous mixture with the dressing and season with salt and pepper.