If you need a yummy side dish to serve to folks who don’t like cole slaw, well this is it.
- 3 cups peeled carrots - shredded
- 3 cups peeled apples (about 3) - shredded and drained
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Using a box grater, shred carrots and apples.
Place grated apples in a fine mesh strainer or paper towels and press to drain off juice.
In a large bowl, add carrots, apples, currants and parsley.
Add remaining ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until blended.
Pour dressing over carrots and apples.
Can be served immediately or chilled until ready to serve.