Fresh corn, sweet red onions, spicy jalepenos, and just picked cilantro, all put together in a hot vinegar brine. The recipe is short, sweet and proved it’s point – it’s delicious.
- 2 small dried chiles
- 1 seeded thinly sliced jalapeño
- 1/4 thinly sliced medium red onion
- 2 cups corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
Place ingredients in a quart size jar.
In a small pot bring vinegar, salt, sugar and 3/4 cup water to a boil.
Pour over corn. (Add water to cover, if needed.)
Seal jar. Let cool; chill. Will keep up to 1 month.
Recipe from July issue of BonAppetit