Combining blackberries and coconut, this is a sweet and chewy tart that makes a great summer dessert.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 pint fresh blackberries - cut large ones in half
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line bottom of 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom with parchment. Generously butter bottom and sides.
Mix flour, coconut, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
Stir in butter and mix with a fork. Press mixture around sides and bottom of pan.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
Stir together coconut sugar and egg whites in a small bowl.
Gently place blackberries in tart pan, spreading evenly.
Drop small teaspoons of coconut mixture around blackberries and up to the edge of crust.
Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
Serve with whipped cream.