Dip, salsa, salad or caviar, no matter what you call it, it's a yummy side dish.
- 2 cans black-eyed peas - drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn - drained (1 1/2 cup of frozen corn - thawed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel) - do not drain
- 1/2 cup fresh jalapeño peppers - minced
- 1/2 cup onion - minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of Italian dressing
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch of salt
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
Stir gently to combine.
Refrigerate for minimum 1 hour allowing flavors to marry.