A little heat and spice, with fresh summer flavors thrown in, these grilled chicken tostadas are a dish made for hot summer nights.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 1 large onion - cut into thick slices
Place chicken in a zip lock bag.
Mix next 4 ingredients together in a small measuring cup.
Pour over chicken making sure pieces are totally covered in marinade.
Add onion to bag.
Let marinate in fridge for 2 to 4 hours.
30 minutes before cooking, remove chicken to kitchen counter.
Heat grill to medium high. Oil grates with vegetable oil.
Cook chicken until done and slightly charred. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
Slice chicken, across the grain and place on warm tortillas. Add shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa if desired.
A light and flavorful salsa.
- 1 onion marinated and grilled
- 1 medium tomato , seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños - chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Roughly chop grilled onions.
In a small bowl, add all ingredients and gently mix.
Serve on tostadas, tacos or with chips.