- 1 to 2 pounds green beans
- Rinse beans. Snap off a small part of the end of the bean. Set prepped beans aside.
- In a large bowl prepare an ice bath with cold water (ice cubes and water.) I use my salad spinner and it makes the job even easier!
- In a large stock pot, heat approximately 6 – 8 cups of water. Add salt and bring water to a low boil.
- Add beans and cook about 2 minutes or until beans turn bright green.
- Using tongs, remove beans and add to ice bath – shocking them. Let rest in ice bath until the beans are completely cooled.
- Drain beans and let dry on paper towels or kitchen cloth.
- Serve chilled, blanched beans with dip or on a crudite plate.
- COOKS TIPS ~
- Make sure that there is enough water in pot for blanching – about double for the amount of beans.
- Do not worry about over salting the water. The beans will not absorb all the salt. You can omit the salt all together if you need to.
- Beans can be stored rolled in paper towel stored in zip top bag in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Freeze beans by placing 4 servings into a freezer safe bag/container.
Green beans are great on their own, but this simple recipe really takes them up a notch.
- 1-2 pounds blanched green beans
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- olive oil
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Set aside.
Dry blanched green beans with paper towel and place on baking sheet. Drizzle beans with olive oil then sprinkle over garlic, salt and pepper. Toss ingredients together making sure beans are coated with oil. Place lemon slices around edges of pan.
Place in oven, roast for 15 minutes then flip beans. Roast for 15 more minutes or until edges of beans start to brown.