Before we know it the temps are going to be soaring and we’ll all be looking for a cool down. No worries, I’ve got just the thing to ward off the heat – sweet, fresh Watermelon Granita.
Please don’t be intimidated by the name, it’s really just frozen fruit that’s been “shaved” with a fork thus turning 3 simple ingredients into something special. You can use pretty much any fruit to make a granita, I just happen to love watermelon. The summer heat will be here soon friends so grab some fruit, sugar and lime juice…a cool down will soon be on the way!
Ward off the heat with this sweet and yummy frozen fruit drink.
- 4 cups watermelon - cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place watermelon, sugar and lime juice in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a a metal or glass pan and place in freezer.
- After 1 hour, remove pan from freezer. Using a fork, scrape watermelon mixture. Place back in freezer for 1 hour.
- When granita is frozen, scrape with a fork, scoop into a chilled glass and serve.