This post may contain affiliate links.
Make heading back to school stress-free with easy-to-make recipes your family is sure to love! From one-pot to slow cooker meals, freezer-friendly and make-ahead dishes, these recipes are loaded with homemade goodness! I’ve also pulled together a collection of some of my favorite back-to-school essentials for storing and packing food.
Summer is winding down, and that means it’s time to hit the books! School is back in session and everyone is getting back to more regular routines.
Even though my family rolls their eyes when I say “change is my favorite color” I am a big fan of making a plan and following it. That’s where this list of 50 Back To School Recipes comes in. They, along with a collection of 15 Essentials For Making a Packing Food (be sure to scroll down) will help any busy family navigate the changes that the school year brings.
To help you start things off right, I’ve pulled together some of the BEST recipes to make during the week. These dishes are simple yet big in flavor. Many can be prepped or made ahead of time, plus they are budget-friendly and make great leftovers.
I know that between schoolwork and extracurricular activities, it can be super hard to gather your family around the table but don’t worry, with these 50 recipes, you can make getting a tasty meal on the table as easy as ABC, 123!
Table Of Contents
Salads And Side Dishes
Back To School Essentials For Making And Packing Food
Pack It Up!
Keeping hot things hot and cool things cool is the name of the game when it’s time to pack food. This is my go-to list of items, many of which I use every day, even though I’m no longer packing lunches for my boys.
- 1. YETI Travel Mug – for hot and cold beverages.
- 2. Water Bottles – you can never have too many!
- 3. Thermos With Collapsible Spoon – great for soup and leftovers for lunch.
- 4. Resealable Storage Bags – leakproof and BPA free.
- 5. Wax Paper Bags – I love these! Slide in a sandwich or toss in some snacks, fold over the top to store.
- 6. Meal Prep Containers – great for lunch and dinner prep, especially if you work from home.
I’ve pulled together my favorite items that help me stay organized and get a jump on making great food. Each one makes a BIG impact for busy families when it comes time to make or pack up breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 10. Crock Pot – this one is programmable so that food does not overcook.
- 11. Salad, Fruit And Veggie Keeper – I am a huge fan of this food keeper and use it for salads and fresh fruit.
- 12. Instant Pot – cut cooking time in half with the multi-cooker. It’s a winner!
- 13. Magnetic/Erasable Monthly/Weekly Planner – I live by my planners and this one is awesome.
- 14. Reusable Ice Packs – these are thin yet mighty and are perfect for all sizes of bags or containers.
- 15. Wet Wipes – I keep a stock of these individually wrapped wipes. Great for lunch boxes, backpacks, the car, your purse or briefcase.