Hey friends! Over the past 10 days I celebrated Easter with family, spent some time at the coast, celebrated my birthday and enjoyed great times with friends. While I was “out” I tested a few new recipes and explored a few new cooking methods. I am happy to report that one of the new dishes I discovered has quickly become my favorite for breakfast!
Baked egg in avocado may sound a little crazy but y’all…it is so good. This power packed recipe takes seconds to prepare, then during the 15 minutes it takes for your egg to bake, you’ve got time to clean up the kitchen, make lunch for your kiddo or just sit back and enjoy your morning cup of joe. I love to sprinkle on a little salt, lots of black pepper and chives but if you need an extra kick in your morning, just drizzle on some hot sauce. I know you may not be sold on giving this a try but come on, go for it…sometimes starting your day off a little crazy is a good thing!
Baked Egg In Avocado
Are you an avocado lover? If so, this baked egg dish may become your next favorite breakfast.Print Pin Rate
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped chives
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out about a tablespoon of flesh from center of avocado - just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center. Place avocado half in a small baking dish.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl then gently pour egg into avocado half. Some of the egg white will spill over the avocado but will cook along with the yolk.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes - cooking time will depend on the size of eggs and avocados. Cook until the egg whites are set.
- Remove from oven, season and enjoy!