July is National Berry Month and I’ve had the privilege of working with Driscoll, producers of delicious berries and Rios de Chile Winery to create a new recipe for summer. I’ve had so many ideas bouncing around in my head on how to use these flavorful ingredients. Salads, glazes for meats and maybe even a BBQ sauce but I finally decided on Sangria.
The rich Cabernet Sauvignon from Rios combined with the fresh, sweet berries from Driscoll are the perfect marriage for a pitcher of liquid happiness!
This berry sangria is the perfect marriage for a pitcher of liquid happiness!
- 1 bottle red wine- Rios Cabernet
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries - halved
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 lemon - sliced
- 2 limes - sliced
- 1 oz grand mariner
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup (1 tablespoon of sugar can be substituted)
- 1 bottle club soda
- In a large picture add wine, berries. citrus slices grand mariner & simple syrup.
- Place in refriderator to chill - at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour chilled club soda into pitcher and stir gently.
- Serve in chilled glasses with mint garnish.