Blackberries and peaches are in season! I bought some of each over the weekend and I’ve been scheming on what I would do with them. I finally decided on pie that turns out to be part cobbler, part crumble with a little bit of pie.
With fruit that’s so fresh and delicious, just know that you won’t be able to cut this dish into nice pretty slices…just get a big ‘ol spoon and scoop some up, making sure to grab some of the crunchy crust. This is one easy, delicious dessert that’s worthy of any of the fresh fruits of summer
Blackberry Peach Skillet Pie
Part cobbler, part crumble with a little bit of pie, this dish is all blackberry peach deliciousness.
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 2 fresh peaches - peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter - 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- large pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, add blackberries, peaches and sugar - toss to coat, set aside.
- Butter bottom and sides of skillet.
- Gently roll out pie crust into prepared skillet.
- Using a slotted spoon, place fruit over pie crust.
- In a medium size bowl, add flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut butter into small cubes and add to sugar mixture. Mix together with a fork or your fingers until it resembles a crumble.
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Place skillet into oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes. If outside crust gets brown, cover with foil.
- When fruit begins to bubble, turn oven to broil. Watch carefully until crumble is brown and crunchy.
- Let rest for 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.